Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

This New Year FEELS different. It is not just a new page in a calendar. It really does feel like a new beginning, for me for our families and our world. I sure hope I am right.

One of the things that is different this year was I am not doing the standard lose X pounds by X date scenario. Life is so much more than that and I miss so much when I am obsessed by scale numbers (besides in my 54 years, it hasn't helped!).

So, I am going to take this time of my life as it comes and try to live every moment. I feel the need. I need new ways of working on my cognitive rehab and improving myself. Maybe this blog will help. I have no idea where it will go. Do I keep it private or let it out there? I don't want to be 'exposed'. One the other hand, my best friend lets herself - just be herself -and is willing to go outside her comfort zone to grow. I admire that. Maybe it is my time to take risks in order to move forward.

Songs often pop in my head to describe my feelings: This is the song I named my blog after. It feels like where I am today:

Time Of My Life by David Cook
I've been waiting for my dreams To turn into something I could believe in
And looking for that Magic rainbow
On the horizon I couldn't see it
Until I let go
Gave into love and watched all the bitterness burn
Now I'm coming alive Body and soul
And feelin' my world start to turn And I'll taste every moment
And live it out loud I know this is the time,This is the time
To be more than a name Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
This is the time of my life Time of my life
Holding onto things that vanished Into the air
Left me in pieces
But now I'm rising from the ashes
Finding my wings
And all that I needed Was there all along Within my reach
As close as the beat of my heart
So I'll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time, This is the time to be
More than a name Or a face in the crowd I know this is the time
This is the time of my life Time of my life And I'm out on the edge of forever
Ready to run I'm keeping my feet on the ground My arms open
My face to the sun

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Darcie! I love your blog and I love you! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete