Monday, January 12, 2009

Found Treasures

This morning, I got the most wonderful surprise. Doni and Bruce had been going through some old pictures and found some of our children playing together at their grandparent's ranch.


The pictures caught the four of them just being young and carefree. In one picture, all of the children were sitting down with their arms over each other's shoulders. Our daughter, Laura, is holding a large toad. All of them have different expressions on their faces. It was not a fancy photo. I bet I didn't even like it that much at the time. Back then I would have worried that our daughter's bangs needed trimming and our son was not smiling.

Today, friends sent me a wonderful treasure; a perfect picture. It's funny how 20 years can change your vision.




4 comments:

  1. Darcie, can you believe how quickly these years flew by? One minute we're in Barbara Lapp's Redding Co-Op Preschool class with babies and preschoolers, the next minute we're mothers of grown-ups.

    It was a treasure for me to find those slides, too. I'm glad you liked them. They sure brought back memories. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Is there a way to post that photo on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim figured out how to post it.
    In the picture, left to right;
    Sarah Domke, Jeff Gore, Josh Domke,and Laura Gore (Joe must have been down for a nap?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Darcie! So sweet! I hadn't seen these photos bigger than slides (Bruce will cc them now :)

    (Joe was a baby then, maybe 8 or 9 months old. In fact, in that same batch of slides I found some of Joe sleeping in a hammock.)

    ReplyDelete