Sunday, February 1, 2009

A real hand written letter

I received a real letter from a friend. What made it real?

First, it came with other mail delivered to our house. Then it was from an old friend that I hadn't heard from since a year ago Christmas. Next, and most impressive, it was handwritten.


I can't tell you when the last time someone sent me a handwritten letter, but I bet is was well over 5 years! I wish I could hand write letters in that beautiful style. Shoot, half the time I can't read my own writing now.


The excitement when I received the letter was surprising. Then I had to pour myself a cup of coffee and stopped everything I was doing. When I sat down, I gingerly opened the envelop. The letter was three pages of beautiful scrolling words.

A deep sigh came out of me when I reached the end. I realized I was holding my breath while reading -hoping there was no bad news. There wasn't.

The rest of the day, I somehow felt special and yet a little sad that the experience was over.
So I read it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment