Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weird things on eBay

Blame it on insomnia and boredom but I fell in love with this vintage Bingo Blower on eBay. I know, it doesn't make any sense, but I guess love is like that.

Many, years ago (1983?) I started a weekly fundraising bingo for Helpline. The profits from those weekly games probably saved the 24 hour crisis line as our total budget was very small and a portion was being eliminated.

It was a small group of regulars that met upstairs at the old Saloon Club on south highway 273. This was before many non-profits had bingo and way before the big jackpots at Win River made our $10.00 and $25.00 payouts seem minuscule. I am not sure when they stopped the Helpline Bingo (maybe someone can tell me). I left Helpline to return to college for my master's degree.

I am trying to start a bingo in our clubhouse for the residents of our retirement community. That was my justification for bidding and winning the vintage bingo blower. It works, the board is just fine (after I cleaned it up). The motor is a 'little' noisy, but Jeff is going to come down and take a look at it and replace the cord. Jim sanded the rust off the cage and I spray painted it. With a package of shinny new bingo balls, I am ready to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment