Monday, August 24, 2009

Different kind of Ceremony


Right now, Jim, Jeff and I driving on I-5 on the way to San Jose to Laura’s Convocation – have I mentioned how much I love my little netbook with seven hors of battery time.

This has been a wonderful summer of milestones for our family.
Jeff graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering but he chose not to “walk” (participate in graduation ceremonies). We respected his decision, but I have to admit for parents it is wonderful to witness the transition into the next phase of their lives.

There is a different language with Laura’s graduation. We were provided an envelope with a memo re: “Convocation” Tickets to San Jose State University Health and Science Department: presents Master in Public Health Class of 2009. The class will be sequestered from family at first, then right before they ‘walk’ the parents join the graduands to walk them across the stage while they are conferred their degree and ”hooded.”

Did I say how proud I am of both of them? Gosh, I think we will take them on an Alaska cruise in a week to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to all of you. We are so happy for Jeff and Laura's accomplishments of graduating and your accomplishment of being a steady guiding hand.

    ReplyDelete